Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh – Đề số 10
(Có đáp án)
Để kiểm tra năng lực và kiểm tra kiến thức các em học sinh.
Sau đây là đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh. Đề thi được biến soạn theo cấu trúc của đề thi vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh.
(1-3). Choose the word whose underlined part pronounced differently from that of the others.
1. a. type b. myth c. style d. supply
2. a. course b. trouser c. house d. account
3. a. keen b. kind c. keep d. know
(4-5). Choose the word whose main stress pattern is not the same as that of the others.
II. GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY
(6-20). Choose the word or phrase (a, b, c or d) that best fits the blank space in each sentence.
6. When she came_____ , she found herself in a hospital.
7. I was disappointed_______ the grade I received on my last essay.
8. Mr. Grisby is charge of the marketing department.
9. The game was cancelled________ torrential rain.
a. In spite of
b. instead of
c. because of
d. provided that
10. I went to three bookstores, but I didn’t find the book__________ .
a. I needed
b. I needed it
c. that I needed it
d. to which I needed
11. We _____ be here. That sign says NO TRESPASSING.
b. don’t have to
c. might not
d. aren’t supposed to
12. I expect________ at the airport by my uncle.
a. to meet
b. to be met
d. being met
13. Instead of buying a new pair of shoes, I had my old ones___________ .
b. to repair
d. to be repaired
14. Do you mind______you some advice? ~ Not at all. I’d appreciate it.
b. me to give
c. if I give
d. if I gave
15. The students are looking forward________ their weekends in the countryside.
a. to spend
d. to spending
16. Yesterday we watched television all evening_______ we didn’t have anything better to do.
17. Neither you nor me_______ responsible for the bad result.
18. Please don’t leave until your teacher________ back.
b. will come
c. is coming
19. Nowadays children prefer playing computer games___________ books.
a. than reading
b. to read
c. to reading
d. than read
20. Make exercise a part of your daily__________ .
(21-25). Choose the underlined word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that needs correcting.
21. What (A) I told you yesterday were (B) not the best solutions (C) to solve your problems(D).
22. The choice of which (A) restaurant to go to (B) for tonight’s meal (C) is entirely your (D).
23. I’m (A) tired although (B) I stayed up late (C) to do all my homework (D) last night.
24. The teacher told (A) us to read (B) the poem but do not learn (C) by heart (D).
25.I got (A) my father let (B) me borrow (C) his car for (D) the weekend.
(26-30). Use the correct form of the word given in each sentence.
26. Cigarette______________ should be banned, (advertise)
27. I have a number of ____________ about the service in this hotel, (complain)
28. Various kinds of colorful flowers___________ this garden, (beautiful)
29. The weather today was_____________ hot. (extreme)
30. The teaching staff are all highly ________________ . (qualify)
(31-38). Choose the word or phrase (a, b, c or d) that best fits the blank space in the following passage.
There is no (31)_____ that in recent years the number of motor vehicles on the road has increased significantly. This has (32)__________ to numerous problems such as (33)____ in air pollution, a higher accident rate and, of course, far more (34)____ congestion. Some argue that if public (35)________ played a greater .role, then some of these problems might be (36) However, the current situation is (37) to change in the near future (38)_________ certain actions are taken.
(39-43). Read the passage below carefully and choose the correct answer a, b, c or d.
Computerization in high schools in the us has had a good effect on students’ learning. Students today learn quite differently from in the past. Firstly, computers can help teachers explain the lessons interestingly in the classroom, which allows students to get a clearer idea about what is being taught. Secondly, CD-ROM and the Internet can provide students with a lot of data resources that can be got by simple keystrokes or mouse-clicks. This increase the speed at which students learn by minimizing the time spent on searching for information. To sum up, computerization has enabled high school students to learn in faster, easier and more efficient ways.
– Computerization (n) điện toán hóa
– Keystroke (n) sự bấm phím trên bàn phím
39. According to the writer, computers____________ .
a. are not available in high schools
b. are not necessary
c. are helpful to both teachers and students
d. can not be used as teaching aids.
40. Computers helps teachers____________
a. explain the lessons differently
b. give interesting lessons
c. get a clearer idea about what they are teaching
d. have more time to prepare their lessons
41. Thanks to the Internet, students can_________________ .
a. get information quickly
b. study at home
c. learn differently
d. have more time to play
42. According to the passage, computerization____________ .
a. makes students spend more time searching for information
b. should be applied widely
c. allows students to have clear ideas
d. helps students learn faster, easier and more efficient.
43. Which of the following is not mentioned in the passage?
a. High schools in the us have computerized.
b. Students can get a lot of data from CD-ROM and the Internet.
c. With a computer, teachers can speed up their teaching process.
d. Computerization can shorten the learning process.
(44-46). Choose the sentence (a, b, c or d) that is almost the same in meaning as the sentence given.
44. My father usually plays tennis on Saturday mornings.
a. My father used to play tennis on Saturday mornings.
b. My father is used to play tennis on Saturday mornings.
c. My father is used to playing tennis on Saturday mornings.
d. My father gets used to playing tennis on Saturday mornings.
45. It’s time to ask for his help.
a. He’s been asked for his help.
b. He ought to be asked for help,
c. At the time he was asked for help.
d. He’s now being asked to help.
46. She started to teach French at the university ten years ago.
a. She has been teaching French at the university for ten years.
b. The last time she taught French at the university was ten years ago.
c. It’s ten years since she taught French at the university.
d. She taught French at the University for ten years.
(47-50). Rewrite the sentences so that they are nearest in meaning to the sentence printed before them.
47. He crashed his car although he drove carefully.
48. It’s a pity that you can’t stay longer.
49. This mobile phone is not as cheap as I thought it would be.
This mobile phone is______________________________________________
50. It is the most thrilling film I’ve ever seen.
6. b 7. c 8. c 9. c 10. a
11. a 12. b 13. c 14. c
15. d 16. b 17. b
18. a 19. c 20. d
21. B (was)
22. D (yours)
23. B (because)
24. B (because)
25. B (to let)
31. b 32. d 33. a 34. c
35. a 36. b 37. d 38. d
39. c 40. b 41. a
42. d 43. c
47. Despite his careful driving, he crashed his car
48. I wish you could stay longer.
49. This mobile phone is more expensive than I thought.
50. I have never seen such a thrilling film before/ so thrilling a film before.