Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh – Đề số 1
(Có đáp án)
Để kiểm tra năng lực và kiểm tra kiến thức các em học sinh.
Sau đây là đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh. Đề thi được biến soạn theo cấu trúc của đề thi vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh.
(1-3). Choose the word whose underlined part pronounced differently from that of the others.
1. a. meaning b. reason c. feature d. pleasant
2. a. champagne b. choise c. exchange d. children
3. a. deny b. study c. typical d. pretty
(4-5). Choose the word whose main stress pattern is not the same as that of the others.
II. GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY
(6-20). Choose the word or phrase (a, b, c or d) that best fits the blank space in each sentence.
6. The final examination will be held __________ July 10th,2008.
7. The children are excited ________ their upcoming trip to the zoo.
8. Sixteen people showed ______ for the volleyball training session.
9. she was an hour late, she didn’t apologize.
a. In spite of
b. Even though
10. They haven’t ______ an AIDS vaccine.
a. yet developed
b. developed yet
c. developed already
d. already developed
11. People do exercise ______ fit.
a. to keep
d. in keeping
12. A person that you make friends with by writing letter is called a __________.
c. close friend
13. You look so depressed. You look ________ you didn’t have a friend in the world.
a. as if
b. if only
c. even if
14. Most parents think chatting on the Internet is _______
15. It really annoys me when people forget_________ thank you.
a. to say
d. to saying
16. Don’t stay up late,______ ?
a. do you
b. won’t you
c. will you
d. shouldn’t you
17. If I were in charge, I_____ things differently.
a. had done
b. will do
c. would do
d. would have done
18. Would you mind if I a friend to the party?
b. will bring
d. would bring
19. My father stopped________two years ago.
b. to smoke
20. ‘You got the first prize. Congratulations!’ ‘_________ ’
a. You’re welcome
b. Never mind
c. It’s my pleasure
d. Thanks a lot
(21-25). Choose the underlined word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that needs correcting.
21. Could (A) you phone me (B) as soon (C) as he’ll come (D) back?
22. Would you (A) please stop to make (B) so (C) much noise (D)?
23. Last summer I have staved (A) on (B) my uncle (C) farm for (D) two weeks.
24. What (A) difficult (B) to master a (C) foreign language (D)!
25. The police said (A) that they had (B) reacted as fastly (C) as they could (D).
(26-30). Use the correct form of the word given in each sentence.
26. If you need any help, you can ask Tom. He’s very _____________ . (help)
27. I have a _____________ to talk a lot whenever I am nervous, (tend)
28. Gas and oil _____________ always increases in cold weather, (consume)
29. We find advertising on television very _____________ (effect)
30. The students wear their school uniforms with _____________. (proud)
(31-38). Choose the word or phrase (a, b, c or d) that best fits the blank space in the following passage.
Most of the energy we use today (31)_______ from coal, oil and gas. But these will not last for ever, and burning them is slowly harming the (32) We need to (33)_______ other ways of supplying energy. Solar Power is a way of using the (34)_______ energy as heat or to make electricity. We can also use wind-power by building modern (35)_______ that spin in the wind. There are several types of water-power: river water in mountainous areas can (36)_______ to generate hydroelectric power, and we can also create electricity (37)_______ sea water flowing in and out with the (38)_______
a. look after
b. look into
c. look at
d. look for
c. wind tunnels
d. wind chimes
36. a. use
c. be used
d. to use
(39 – 43). Read the passage below and then decide whether the statements that follow are True or False.
Many people now think that teachers give students too much homework. They say that it is unnecessary for children to work at home in their free time. Moreover, they argue that most teachers do not properly plan the homework tasks they give to students. The result is that students have to repeat tasks which they have already done at school.
Most people agree that homework is unfair. A student who can do his homework in a quiet and comfortable room is in a much better position than a student who does his homework in a small, noisy room with the television on. Some parents help their children with their homework. Other parents take no interest at all in their children’s homework.
It is important, however, that teachers talk to parents about homework. A teacher should suggest suitable tasks for parents to do with their children. Parents are often better at teaching their own children!
39. Many parents would like their children to have less homework. (T/F)
40. Parents think that students should do a lot of work in their leisure time at home. (T/F)
41. A lot of homework has not been planned properly, according to many. (T/F)
42. Only a small number of people think that homework is fair. (T/F)
43. Teachers suggest parents should teach their own children at home. (T/F)
(44 – 46). Choose the sentence (a, b, c or d) that is almost the same in meaning as the sentence given.
44. ‘I’m leaving here for Hue tomorrow,’ Hoa said.
a. Hoa said that she is leaving there for Hue the day after.
b. Hoa said that she was leaving there for Hue the day after.
c. Hoa said that she would leave there for Hue the day aftey.
d. Hoa said that she would leave here for Hue the day after.
45. It’s no use reading that book.
a. You should read that book.
b. That book has not been used.
c. You shouldn’t use that book for reading.
d. That book is not worth reading.
46. I don’t really want to spend my vacations in France.
a. I would rather not spend my vacations in France.
b. I would like to spend my vacations in France.
c. I don’t often spend my vacations in France.
d. I prefer spending my vacations in France.
(47-50). Rewrite the sentences so that they are nearest in meaning to the sentence printed before them.
47. He will only phone if he changes his mind.
He won’t ____________________________________________________
48. I haven’t been to Bristol for three years.
The last time _________________________________________________
49. ‘Please sit down,’ the teacher said to his students.
The teacher _________________________________________________
50. He is too short to play basketball.
He’s so _____________________________________________________
6. b 7. b 8. b 9. b 10. a
11. a 12. d 13. a 14. d
15. a 16. c 17. c 18. c
19. c 20. d
21. D (comes)
22. B (making)
23. A (stayed)
24. A (how)
25. C (fast)
31. c 32. b 33. d 34. a
35. b 36. c 37. d 38. d
47. He won’t phone unless he change his mind
48. The last time I went to Bristol was three years ago./ The last time I was in Bristol was three year ago.
49. The teacher asked/ told his students to sit down
50. He’s so short that can’t play basketball.