Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh – Đề số 9
(Có đáp án)
Để kiểm tra năng lực và kiểm tra kiến thức các em học sinh.
Sau đây là đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh. Đề thi được biến soạn theo cấu trúc của đề thi vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh.
(1-3). Choose the word whose underlined part pronounced differently from that of the others.
1. a. round b. wound c. mountain d. cloudy
2. a. honest b. honour c. heir d. homeless
3. a. natural b. family c. dangerous d. bank
(4-5). Choose the word whose main stress pattern is not the same as that of the others.
II. GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY
(6-20). Choose the word or phrase (a, b, c or d) that best fits the blank space in each sentence.
6. Vehicles account______ air pollution in the city.
7. I’m sorry; I wasn’t paying close attention_________ what you said.
8. _______the TV There is nothing interesting on.
a. Turn on
b. Turn off
c. Turn down
d. Turn up
9. We came in quietly______ not to wake the children.
a. as if
b. so as
c. so that
d. in case
10. _______ he said nothing he seemed to be very upset about it.
d. Even if
11. Peter cannot go to see the exhibition because he_________ his ticket.
b. has lost
c. will lose
d. has been lost
12. Do you like playing basketball or volleyball? ~__________ . I prefer football.
13. I was______ the Net looking for information on Indian music.
14. ______ it is! I hate such terrible weather.
a. What cold
b. How cold
c. How a cold
d. What a cold
15. Do vou know the girl _______ Tom is talking?
c. to who
d. to whom
16. Old people must________politely.
b. speak to
c. be spoken
d. be spoken to
17. The question was_______ that nobody could answer it.
a. too difficult
b. so difficult
c. such difficult
d. very difficult
18. You had a very good time at the party last night,____________________ ?
a. hadn’t you
b. had you
c. don’t you
d. didn’t you
19. I’ve just bought a_________ .
a. small wooden coffee table
b. small coffee wooden table
c. coffee wooden small table
d. wooden small coffee table
20. ‘Let me congratulate you on winning the first prize.’ ‘________ .’
a. You’re welcome
b. Never mind
c. That’s very kind of you
d. It’s my pleasure
(21-25). Choose the underlined word or phrase (A, B, c or D) that needs correcting.
21. The teacher advised (A) students read (B) all the questions carefully (C) before doing them (D).
22. If you work hard (A), you would (B) be successful in (C) anything that (D)you do.
23. They asked (A) me what did happen (B) last night, but (C) I didn’t (D) tell
24. We mustn’t (A) leave so soon(B) because (C) the show doesn’t start till
25. There are (A) television subtitles (B) for the deafs (C) and hard of (D) hearing
(26-30). Use the correct form of the word given in each sentence.
26. The house is large but it is in need of _______ . (modern)
27. I’d like to help you but________ there’s nothing I can do. (fortunate)
28. She would have to get her mother’s________to take the trip, (permit)
29. We depend on_________ contributions to support our programs, (volunteer)
30. I don’t believe what he has just said. It is very________. (reason)
(31-38). Choose the word or phrase (a, b, c or d) that best fits the blank space in the following passage.
Good communication is the key (31) being successful and satisfied in many situations: work, personal, social. At work, communication skills are most commonly shown in your (32)_____ to use and understand language, whether spoken or on (33)_____ . You need a good command of language to (34)_______ your ideas, opinions, and feelings across clearly. Listening carefully is (35)________ important communication skill, as is the ability and confidence to (36)_________ question when you need to understand something or get (37) from someone. Competence in a language except your mother (38)_____ also counts as a communication skill.
(39-43). Read the passage below carefully and choose the correct answer a, b, c or d.
In order to stay healthy it is important to have a balanced diet. We should eat enough three main groups of food. These groups are protein, carbohydrate, and fat.
Proteins are very important for building our body. They help us to build new cells as old ones die. Meat and milk products are major sources of protein. We can also get protein from fish, eggs and beans.
Carbohydrate and fat are important to enable us to store energy. Carbohydrates are found in sugar and in cereals. Fat can be found in vegetable oil, in butter and in nuts.
Our body also needs minerals, such as iron and calcium, and vitamins Fish, vegetables and milk contain most of the minerals we need. Vitamins are found in fresh vegetables and fruit.
39. According to the passage, a balanced diet__________ .
a. is needed for good health
b. contains lot of fruit and vegetables
c. is rich in minerals and vitamins
d. is high in protein
40. Proteins ___________ .
a. can only be found in meat
b. help our body build new cells
c. produce meat and milk
d. can be gotten from rice
41. We can get fat from__________ .
42. Carbohydrates______________ .
a. allow the body to store energy
b. are not found in rice and cornmeal
c. supply a lot of protein
d. are the most important of three groups of food.
43. Which of the following is not true?
a. It’s important to eat a balanced died.
b. Fish contain both protein and mineral.
c. Iron and calcium are also essential for good health.
d. Vitamins are not necessary for our body.
(44-46). Choose the best sentence (a, b, c or d) made from the given cues.
44. My father/ tired/ live/ city/ want/ quiet village//
a. My father is tired of living in the city, so he wants to live in a quiet village.
b. My father is tired to live in the city and wants to live in a quiet village.
c. My father is tired from living in the city and wants to live in a quiet village.
d. My father is tired of living in the city and wanting to live in a quiet village.
45. I/ have/ air conditioner/ fix/ tomorrow
a. I have an air conditioner fixed tomorrow.
b. I will have an air conditioner fixing tomorrow.
c. I will have an air conditioner fixed tomorrow.
d. I will have someone to fix my air conditioner tomorrow.
46. We/ rather/ watch football/ TV/ play/ it//
a. We’d rather watching football on TV than playing it.
b. We’d rather to watch football on TV than play it.
c. We’d rather watch football on TV more than play it.
d. We’d rather watch football on TV than play it.
(47-50). Rewrite the sentences so that they are nearest in meaning to the sentence printed before them.
47. The children are very pleased to be going away on summer holiday.
The children are looking____________________________________________
48. If you work harder, you will pass the coming exam.
49. My grandfather was born in this small village.
50. I started to learn English four years ago.
6. c 7. d 8. b 9. b 10. c
11. b 12. d 13. a 14. b
15. b 16. d 17. b 18. d
19. a 20. c
21. B (to read)
22. B (will)
23. B (what happened)
24. A (needn’t/ don’t have to)
25. C (the deaf)
31. b 32. d 33. a 34. c
35. b 36. a 37. d 38. d
39. a 40. b 41. c
42. a 43. d
47. The children are looking forward to going away on summer holiday.
48. Unless you work harder, you won’t pass the coming exam.
49. This is the small village where my grandfather was born.
50. I have learned/ have been learning English for four years